If you’re posting great content on your website, then you deserve an applause! Providing your audience and potential customers with valuable information is essential for building your brand and bottom line. But what really makes your audience want to share your content? Here are a few tips to keep in mind to create content that will spread like wildfire:
- Choose your words wisely. How many times have you clicked on an article because of its interesting title? When a visitor comes to your blog or site, you literally have seconds to keep them there. One of the best ways to do it is in your article title. Make the title evoke some type of emotion or reaction like surprise or intrigue, but don’t go overboard or be misleading.
- Timing is everything. This is when it pays to think ahead. If your audience is mothers, then prepare content that speaks to them ahead of time. For example, if the summer is approaching, why not feature an article on fun summer activities to do with the kids? Prepare an editorial calendar so that your content is ready in a snap and can be posted in a timely manner.
- Make social media share buttons easily accessible. You don’t want your visitors to love your content and then have to search to spread the word. Place your buttons prominently on your article page, at the top, bottom and/or along the side of the article.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for a share. People love to share valuable information that they find on the web. At the end of your article, add a simple sentence asking readers to spread the word.
- Incentivize the share. There’s nothing like getting something for free just for clicking a button! Implementing a giveaway is a great way to get readers excited about sharing your content, especially if you have a newsletter. Coupon codes, e-books or downloads are great, easy examples that you can put into place right away.Happy posting!